By Melinda Speckmann
As a follow up to our Introduction, here is some in-depth reading to keep your brains blooming with life for a better understanding of what it means to stay sharp, stay well and overcome illness.
Staying Sharp: Cognitive training allows individuals to stay sharp and keep our brains fit by improving various cognitive skills.
- LearningRx defines cognitive training and how it can improve certain cognitive skills.
- PostScience clarifies the distinction between brain training and brain games.
- SharpBrains gives a guide of certain conditions that must be met for brain training to improve one’s daily life.
- Lumosity did a study with 6 years of data sets to draw two major conclusions on cognitive performance in life and age.
- Huffington Post shares research, presented by Georgia Institute of Technology, that there isn’t a correlation between improvement of memory and improvement on fluid intelligence with brain training.
Being Happy: Aside from keeping our brains fit, we must be sure our brains are well. This is dependent on our mental mindset and level of happiness.
- Your Brain Training introduces mindfulness as a way to improve your brain’s wellness.
- Huffington Post clears up the many misconceptions that stem from practicing mindfulness.
Overcoming Illness: Just as it is important to conquer physical illnesses, mental illnesses need to also be addressed.